Privacy, Security, & Terms
Supply of Goods Terms and Conditions Table Of Contents:
- Information About Us
- Our Products
- Use of our Site
- How We Use Your Information
- Consumer Terms
- Business Terms
- How Our Contract is Formed
- Our Rights to Vary Terms
- Right to Return or Refund
- How to Pay
- Our Warranty for the Products
- Events Outside Our Control
- Other Terms
- Information We Collect
- Your Rights
- Access to Information
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 1/10/2018.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
Information about us:
1.1 We operate the website http://www.se.511tactical.com. We are 5.11 International Cooperatief U.A., Dutch Filial ("5.11"), a company registered in Sweden under company number 516405-4883 and with our registered office at Geijersgatan 2b, 21618 Limhamn, Sweden.
Contacting us if you are a consumer:
1.2.1 To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 9, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to e-mail us at EUsupport@kibocommerce.com or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on +44 1793 461650. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail.
1.2.2 If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at +44 1793 461650 or by e-mailing us at EUsupport@kibocommerce.com
1.2.3 If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
Contacting us if you are a business.
1.3 You may contact us by telephoning our customer service team at +44 1793 461650 or by e-mailing us at EUsupport@kibocommerce.com. If you wish to give us formal notice of any matter in accordance with these Terms, please see clause 19.3.
2.1 The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
2.2 The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
Use of our site
3.1 Your use of our site is governed by our Website Terms & Conditions. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
How we use your personal information
If you are a consumer
This clause 5 only applies if you are a consumer.
5.1 If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
5.2 Certain Products on our site can only be purchased if you satisfy the legal age requirement for that product. We are not allowed by law to supply these Products to you if you do not satisfy these age requirements. If you are underage, please do not attempt to order these Products through our site. These Products are:
- 5.2.1 Knives - age 18 years old, 21 years in some cases depending on the knife.
If you are a business customer
This clause 6 only applies if you are a business.
6.1 If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
6.4 You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based on any statement in this Contract.
How the contract is formed between you and us
7.1 Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
7.2 After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in following clause.
7.3 We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
7.4 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 13.5, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
Our right to vary these Terms
8.1 We amend these Terms from time to time.
8.2 Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
8.3 We may revise these Terms as they apply to your order from time to time to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
8.4 If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Products or just the Products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
Your consumer right of return and refund
This clause 9 only applies if you are a consumer.
9.1 If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract during the period set out below in clause 9.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund.
9.2 However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- 9.2.1 [n/a]
9.3 Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in installments on separate days).
The end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the Product on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January.
Your Contract is for either of the following:
- One Product which is delivered in installments on separate days.
- Multiple Products which are delivered on separate days.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Product or the last of the separate Products ordered.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the first instalment of your Product or the first of your separate Products on 10 January and the last instalment or last separate Product on 15 January you may cancel in respect of all instalments and any or all of the separate Products at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 29 January.
Your Contract is for the regular delivery of a Product over a set period.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of the Products.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January in respect of Products to be delivered at regular intervals over a year and you receive the first delivery of your Product on 10 January, you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January. 24 January is the last day of the cancellation period in respect of all Products to arrive during the year.
9.4 To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to e-mail us at EUsupport@kibocommerce.com or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on +44 1793 461650. If you are e-mailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or e-mail us before midnight on that day.
9.5 If you cancel your Contract we will:
9.5.1 refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
9.5.2 refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method). For example, if we offer delivery of a Product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the Product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
9.5.3 make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
22.214.171.124 if you have received the Product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see clause 9.8;
126.96.36.199 if you have not received the Product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
9.6 If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 9 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
9.7 We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the Product we may refund you in vouchers.
9.8 If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
9.8.1 then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. You can either send it back or hand it to our authorised carrier. Please see our Returns page for our returns address, printable returns labels and information about our authorised carrier and how to arrange a return. If we have offered to collect the Product from you, we will collect the Products from the address to which they were delivered. We will contact you to arrange a suitable time for collection;
9.8.2 unless the Product is faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 9.6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If the Product is one which cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier which delivered the Product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery. If we have offered to collect the Product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
9.9 Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 9 or anything else in these Terms.
10.1 We will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 30 days after the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order). Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 18 for our responsibilities when this happens.
10.2 If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note that the Products have been returned to our premises, in which case, please contact us to rearrange delivery.
10.3 Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
10.4 You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges. This clause 10.6 only applies if you are a consumer.
10.5 If we miss the 30 day delivery deadline for any Products then you may cancel your Order straight away if any of the following apply:
10.5.1 we have refused to deliver the Products;
10.5.2 delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
10.5.3 you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
10.6 If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 10.5, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your Order if we do not meet the new deadline.
10.7 If you do choose to cancel your Order for late delivery under clause 10.5 or clause 10.6, you can do so for just some of the Products or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the Products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your Order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery.
11.1 We deliver to Sweden (International Delivery Destinations). However there are restrictions on some Products for certain International Delivery Destinations, so please review the information on that page carefully before ordering Products.
International delivery import duties and taxes
12.1 If you order Products from our site for delivery to one of the International Delivery Destinations, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
12.2 You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
12.3 You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
Price of products and delivery charges
13.1 The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 13.5 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered.
13.2 Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
13.3 The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in Sweden for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
13.4 The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our Delivery Charges page.
13.5 Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
13.5.1 where the Product's correct price is less than the price stated on our site, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Products to you. However, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price; and
13.5.2 if the Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will contact you in writing as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
How to pay
14.1 You can only pay for Products using a debit card or credit card. We accept the following cards: VISA and MasterCard.
14.2 Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We will not charge your debit card or credit card until we dispatch your order.
Our warranty for the Products
15.1 5.11 warrants each Product sold by 5.11 or it’s authorized dealers to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for as long as you own the Product. However, this warranty does not apply in the circumstances described in clause 15.2.
15.2 The warranty in clause 15.1 does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:
- 15.2.1 Products purchased other than from 5.11 or from an authorized 5.11 dealer.
- 15.2.2 Damage resulting from abuse or misuse.
- 15.2.3 Damage resulting from extended wear and tear.
- 15.2.4 Damage resulting from tampering or a customer modification.
- 15.2.5 Damage resulting from exposure to a caustic substance.
- 15.2.6 Consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive, exemplary, and/or special damages.
15.3 If you are a consumer, this warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described.
Our liability if you are a business
This clause 16 only applies if you are a business customer.
16.1 We only supply the Products for internal use by your business, and you agree not to use the Product for any resale purposes.
16.2 Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
- 16.2.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 16.2.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 16.2.3 breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the UK Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession) or any equivalent legislation in the European Union; or
- 16.2.4 defective products under the Swedish Konsumentköplagen or any equivalent legislation in the European Union.
16.3 Subject to clause 16.2, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Conact for:
16.3.1 any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
16.3.2 loss or corruption of data, information or software;
16.3.3 loss of business opportunity;
16.3.4 loss of anticipated savings;
16.3.5 loss of goodwill; or
16.3.6 any indirect or consequential loss.
16.4 Subject to clause 16.2, our total liability to you in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the total amount of the purchased price of the Products.
16.5 Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
Our liability if you are a consumer
This clause 17 only applies if you are a consumer.
17.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
17.2 We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
17.3 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- 17.3.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 17.3.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 17.3.3 any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the UK Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession) or any equivalent legislation in the European Union;
- 17.3.4 any breach of the terms implied by section the Swedish Konsumentköplagen 16, (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples) or any equivalent legislation in the European Union; and
- 17.3.5 defective products under the Swedish Konsumentköplagen or any equivalent legislation in the European Union.
Events outside our control
18.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 18.2.
18.2 An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
18.3 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
18.3.1 we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
18.3.2 our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
18.4 You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
Communications between us
19.1 When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail.
19.2 If you are a consumer you may contact us as described in clause 1.2.
19.3 If you are a business:
- 19.3.1 Any notice or other communication given by you to us, or by us to you, under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service or e-mail.
- 19.3.2 A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at our registered office; if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second Business Day after posting or if sent by e-mail, one Business Day after transmission.
- 19.3.3 In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- 19.3.4 The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
Other important terms
20.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
20.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing. However if you are a consumer and you have purchased a Product as a gift, you may transfer the benefit of our warranty in clause 15 to the recipient of the gift without needing to ask our consent.
20.3 This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. However, if you are a consumer, the recipient of your gift of a Product will have the benefit of our warranty at clause 15, but we and you will not need their consent to cancel or make any changes to these Terms.
20.4 Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
20.5 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
20.6 If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms are governed by Swedish law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by Swedish law. You and we both agree to that the courts of Sweden will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. If you are a resident of a different EU state then you may also bring proceedings in that state.
20.7 If you are a business, a Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England.
20.8 If you are a business, we both irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
5.11 International Cooperatief U.A. ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and equivalent legislation in other EU countries for example the Swedish Data Protection Act, the data controller is 5.11 International Cooperatief U.A.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph or other information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (e.g. the order form or registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we present to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in chapter 1 § 11 of the Swedish Companies Act 2005:551, and equivalent legislation in other EU countries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in London SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If 5.11 International Cooperatief U.A. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions of Supply of Goods or Website Terms & Conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of 5.11 International Cooperatief U.A., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act, and equivalent legislation in other EU countries. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.